I’ve tried a couple different ways to cover up words in my altered book projects. I used translucent paint in my first project with a non-fiction book about birds. I become so interested in the subject, I couldn’t bear the thought of making the original text unreadable.
My second altered book project began with a work of fiction I had no interest in reading. I felt free to obliterate what I didn’t need, and a black Sharpie did the job nicely. I enjoyed the bold graphic statement I could make using solid black.
I am using a combination of my previous methods for Liquid Topaz. I’m not pre-planning each page — I’m letting the image grow organically around my choosen found poem:
warm working wish
Other blogs in this series:
One Page at a Time: My Altered Book Experience
Liquid Topaz: The Story Begins
Liquid Topaz: Fun with Found Poems
Liquid Topaz: What I Learned Today
Liquid Topaz: Art on the Run
Liquid Topaz: Useful Sounds
Liquid Topaz: Golden Polka-Dots
Liquid Topaz: The Art of Discovery
Liquid Topaz: Fire of Life
Liquid Topaz: Now she feels it
Liquid Topaz: Searching for Words